Wednesday 31 December 2014

My New Year's Resolutions

I know, I know this is such a cliche post but I never make New Years Resolutions and this year I've decided that maybe setting myself targets will be a great thing for me!

I have made 3 resolutions:

1. To be happy,
I have found over the past year or so that I could never be completely happy, like no matter what I was doing I never felt completely happy or content. But then I realised that maybe I was trying too hard? It's the simple things in life that can make you happy such as: A cup of tea and youtube videos or going round to see my family or laughing at something so much with your best friend (well these make me happy anyway) . So instead of stressing about every little thing in life I've decided to enjoy the little things that make me smile as and when they come.

2. To eat more healthily,
I don't mean i'm going to go on a strict nothing but fruit and veg diet, because I do eat a pretty good balanced diet (with a slightly higher balance of chocolate) all except fruit. I never eat fruit which I know is really bad for me but I just don't pick it up and eat it! I have no idea why because I do like the taste of fruit! I have the odd bit here and there - maybe a cheeky strawberry from fridge- but I definitely don't have 5 pieces of fruit a day! 
So to improve this in the new year I am going to make a real effort to bring fruit back into my diet. One of the ways I am planning on doing this is by having a homemade fruit smoothie everyday. I have made smoothies before and they were delicious but i have never been consistent with them. In the new year maybe I'll do a post on the smoothies I make?

3. To live for today not tomorrow,
The other day this old man came up to me in Sainsburys and started talking to me about this subject and saying how i shouldn't stress about the future and just live for today and that i should have as much fun as I can. This really put things into perspective for me and made me realise that I do stress about the future a lot more than I should and sometimes this can make me forget what amazing things are happening right now, then before I know it these amazing things are in the past.
One of the main things that I can relate this to at the moment are my GCSE exams coming up in 2015 and I know I need to prepare for these but I shouldn't let them take over my life! I find that i'm always thinking about them even when i'm trying to enjoy myself. So i'm going to make the most of what is happening today and not in the future.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my New Years Resolutions, and I would love to know what any of your resolutions are? Also what are the small things that make you happy?

Georgia
xx








10 comments:

  1. My resolution is to start a scrapbook!:)
    Sugarblush.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Scrapbook they are great for remembering good memories and its also so much fun to make it! :)

      Delete
  2. My resolutions aren't that precise. I just want to do the things I love and try out new things. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  3. i REALLY like your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou soo much, that means a lot to me! :)

      Delete
  4. loving this post!! happy new year!!xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. My main resolution was actually the same as your first one to be happy. Great post :)

    http://styleauthor107.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can do it together! :) thankyou, happy new year! x

      Delete