Monday 5 January 2015

My Skin Care Routine

I have noticed in the past couple of weeks that my skin has been improving loads! My skin can change so easily depending on the food I eat, the amount of exercise I do and what my sleep pattern is like.

Normally I will eat a good balance of healthy home cooked meals, chocolate and takeaways but if I have more chocolate or too many takeaways I will notice it in my skin because I will just break-out pretty quickly!
Also when I'm at school I do quite a substantial amount on exercise because I do dance 5-6 times a week and I also do one lesson of fitness at school every week, so usually when I go on school holidays within the first week or so my skin again just breaks-out!
Another thing that has a huge impact on my skin is my sleep pattern, at school I usually try to go to sleep between 10:30 and 11pm which gives me 8 hours sleep, but if I start going to bed later and don't get 8 hours sleep my skin goes quite dry and eventually, yep you guessed it, I break-out!

But I don't think keeping these 3 things balanced is enough to have clear hydrated skin, so I have a skin care routine which I have decided to show you:



1. Garnier Pure Active Intensive
I use this every other day in the shower and just rub it into my skin then rinse my face. This is the cleanser I am currently using, I try out loads of different cleansers but this has been my favorite so far. I bought it from the supermarket for just under £5. I feel like as soon as I start rubbing it into my skin I can feel it instantly working. Also another great thing about it is that you don't need to squirt much out to feel it working.

2. Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
I use this after I have been in the shower, I just dab a bit onto a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face. I have been using the Vitamin E range from The Body Shop for a few years now and I love it so much! I can really feel it hydrating my skin and again I use this every other day. The toner on it's own £8.50

3. Vitamin E Moisture Cream
I use this after the toner has dried and put on a generous amount so that it can sink into my skin slowly. Again this is from the Vitamin E range from The Body Shop and I have been using the moisturiser a bit longer than the toner. The moisturiser on it's own is £11. Recently I have been getting the set which includes the vitamin E cleanser (which I don't actually use), toner, moisture cream and night serum which I have no idea how much that costs but I usually get one for Christmas and one for my birthday.


I hope you found this interesting and maybe helpful if you were looking for a new skin care routine?
If anyone has any skin care tips please feel free to comment!

Georgia 
xx

11 comments:

  1. Hey! love your blog and love lush products in the skincare routine, was wondering if you could check mine out and maybe f4f, just let me know over on my blog heleenakhela.blogspot.co.uk thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thankyou!! I will go check your blog out right now!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Nice post, I like that you gave info on each product rather than just a list of them. I'm a skincare freak, haha, I obsess over making sure my skin is really clean so I use 2 different cleansers every night lol! A skincare post is in my list of 'blog posts to do' on my phone, I just never get round to getting the photos done as I find uploading from my camera to computer time-consuming. Hope you had a nice christmas holidays :)

    http://magentatulip.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyouu! Yeah i know what you mean I love trying all the different products available to see which is best for me! You should do that post I would love to read it! And yes i did thanks hope you did too :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hi! I've nominated you for the Infinity Dreams Award- check out my blog post for more information!
    http://magentatulip.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! At the moment I don't have a concrete skincare routine, I'm moving state on Wednesday so I guess I will set one up at my new house! I have eye creams, pimple creams, face washes, oil-balancing facial wipes (not sure what that means), hand creams and lip balm, and pretty much use only the last two!
    Maybe you should do another post on skincare, and about all the elements? That would be very helpful, especially for me (as you can tell)!

    I've followed your blog, would you like to follow mine? http://thislittleblogofours.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! Yeahh that's a good idea maybe i will sometime :) I'll follow you back xx

      Delete
  5. I really want to try the vitamin E products from bodyshop, I've heard some great things about them and really need some help with the scars on my skin from spots!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I find them amazing they're so hydrating! You should definitely try them to see if they work for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Georgia, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, here's the link to the post:

    http://magentatulip.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete